What is the ITM Alexander Technique and why should I care?
Well – do you recognise any of these situations?
- There’s something that you enjoy, perhaps a sport or recreational activity, that you think you’ve the potential to improve at but for some reason you never do. Are you always left thinking, ‘I could have done better’?
- When you make plans, at work or at home, you reach your goal but not easily? Or perhaps your efforts only meet with partial success?
- By the end of the day you’re plagued by aches & pains. You’re fit and healthy but your daily routine seems to be such a strain.
- Or perhaps there’s something, maybe even a dream, that has always seemed out of reach, or that you’re never dared to go for.
If any of these descriptions apply to you then I’d like to introduce you to the ITM Alexander Technique.
With it you can learn a clearer understanding of the mechanics of movement. More importantly you can learn to think clearly about how to move, and how to turn this clarity into efficient, effective and graceful performance – whatever it is that you are doing. As you learn to make and carry out more effective plans it becomes possible to fulfill more of your potential. Over time inaccurate and limiting ideas about what you can achieve fall away. As you progress you may even find that your potential is greater than you imagined and that some of your dreams can become a reality.
This class will begin with a short introduction to the ITM Alexander Technique. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and then the rest of our time will be dedicated to practical introductory lessons with volunteers from the group.
The class will cover these questions:
- What is the ITM Alexander Technique?
- What are the basic ideas involved?
- What benefits could I get from it?
- How do I use these ideas practically?